Aug. 24-26, 2012
2012 Road To Omaha Camp Brochure
This camp features a progressive and aggressive skill and drill development system while implementing games. In addition to baseball instruction, players will learn about weight training, conditioning, goal setting and all skills necessary to take their game to the next level.
Camp Director and Staff
Joe Sottolano and the Army Baseball staff have guided the United States Military Academy baseball team to record levels. The 2012 ball club reached the NCAA Regional Tournament for the fourth time in the last nine years and established a new single season win record with 41. It also marked the fifth time over the past six years that the program has won the conference regular season crown. Joe Sottolano and his coaching staff have produced 39 Division I All-America winners over the past nine seasons and 11 major league baseball draft picks over the past six.
West Point possesses some of the finest facilities in the entire country. Whether it is indoor or outdoor, each player will have an opportunity to compete and train to the fullest extent of the game and develop their skills to the highest levels. A list of our facilities are:
- Doubleday Field (one of the finest facilities in the country)
- Gorham hitting Facility (3 indoor cages, dirt mounds, and private hitting area)
- Foley Center (130yd X 60yd indoor field turf facility with Batting Cages)
- Kimsey Center ( 20,000 square foot weight training and speed development center)
To view these facilities please go to www.goarmysports.com.
The Road to Omaha camp will reserve sufficient rooms for all campers but each camper is responsible to pay the Hampton Inn for expenses. The rate for each camper will be $240 plus hotel. We have reserved rooms for approximately $60 plus tax per night, per participant. The rooms are reserved for Friday and Saturday night. All reservations can go through the baseball office, but payment will be made directly from you to Hampton Inn upon check out. The $240 fee will take care of all instructions, use of facilities, meals and t-shirt. A non-refundable deposit of $100 must accompany your application. Remaining balance must be pre-paid two weeks prior to the start of camp.
Lodging will be offered at the Hampton Inn in the Town of Newburgh, 15 miles off post. We have rooms put aside for the all participants. Players will stay together, two to a room. Members of the Army baseball staff will also secure a room for emergency purposes and 24 hour supervision, but the camp will not be responsible for injuries that transpire during the time they spend in the hotel. All bedding and housekeeping will be provided.
Parents and/or guardians must make sure each participant has passed a physical examination within the past year of attending our camp. Each participant is covered by a group accident policy, which supplements your claim beyond personal insurance only. A certified trainer will be present at all times, and Keller Army Hospital is located on the premises for all emergencies. Four (4) copies of the health form, signed by a physician and four (4) copies of the waiver must be submitted two weeks prior to the start of camp. The participant will not be able to participate until the medical form is received.
Participants will not be covered during their time in Hampton Inn. We will have coaches there for 24 hour supervision, but participants and parents will assume all risks during that time.
1. The camp is open to all rising juniors and rising seniors in HS.
2. Each camper must bring his shoes, cleats, baseball pants, glove, batting gloves (optional) and catchers equipment (if needed).
3. Registration will be from 11:00am - 12:30pm on August 24th at the Hampton Inn
4. The first meal will be served the first evening of camp and will conclude with Breakfast on 26th. The camp will end at 1100am after the morning session on Sunday.
5. All players that enroll will be subject to attend all sessions and comply with all the rules and regulations governing conduct of the camp participants. Any violations or abuse of these rules and regulations will result in immediate dismissal without refund.